About the 50th Anniversary Event Fund
IUPUI will celebrate its 50th Anniversary as a campus from July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. During this time a series of campus-wide signature anniversary events are planned, each designed to help us honor our past, celebrate our present and envision our future. Academic and support units also have numerous events planned throughout the 50th Anniversary year, such as recurring annual traditions and specific events designed to focus on this important milestone in IUPUI’s development.
To assist units with plans to showcase the contributions and progress of IUPUI over the last 50 years, as well as highlight the goals and aspirations that will lead IUPUI into the future, the 50th Anniversary Event Fund has been established.
To be considered for funding, the event must support the themes and goals of IUPUI’s 50th Anniversary, adhere to university policies and guidelines for events and activities and meet at least one of the qualifications below:
- strive to foster a “wow factor,” including innovative, memory-making, and visionary activities
- be designed to, whenever possible, make a “big impact”
- include some or all of the 50th anniversary target audiences: current faculty, staff and students; retired and former faculty and staff; alumni; community members; business, government and non-profit stakeholders or partners; donors; and institutional partners and peers
- showcase one or more projects from Round I or Round II of IUPUI’s Welcoming Campus Innovation Fund
- Eligible organizations include IUPUI divisions, schools, departments and centers.
- The event must take place during the 50th Anniversary year (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019).
- Funding requests are due on the first of each month and notification(s) will be made on or before the 30th of each month. The application process offers a rolling deadline.
- The funding request cannot exceed $2,500.
- The funds must reflect the 50th Anniversary or showcase projects from the Welcoming Campus Innovation Fund and cannot be used to fund honoraria to staff, faculty or students presenting a program or event.
A review committee will ensure all allocations meet established guidelines and that any allocation abides by the purpose of this fund. Requests for funds will be evaluated and ranked based on how well the application meets the fund qualifications. Any questions regarding the 50th Anniversary Event Fund or the review process can be forwarded Margie Smith-Simmons, assistant vice chancellor for finance and administration, at email@example.com or 317.274.8149.Submit an application